Friday 19 July 2019

Dizzying Variety of Barkitecture Homes

I often say that I wish I could live the life of my dog. She is spoiled. She wants for nothing. Except for maybe a custom doghouse dog home. Creatively called “Barkitecture”, there are many clever doghouse designs out there, there is even a book by the same name published in 1999 by Fred Albert. As a design + construct professional, I see the design possibilities in this genre are endless. Just a few moments perusing the Internet yields a dizzying variety of barkitecture homes, and of Barkitecture events. Many communities have doghouse design competitions as fundraisers for their local shelters. Austin, TX’s Barkitecture competition is in its 14th year. Pittsburgh, Richmond and Norfolk, VA, San Antonio all hold similar events.


No comments:

Post a Comment